A week’s supply of wholegrain, organic, vegan breads, crackers and muesli
· 2 Rye breads – choose from Rye Sourdough, Healthy Heart Rye, Mountain Rye or Pumpernickel
· 1 x Pack of Pumpkin Snackers
· 1 x Pack of Mixed Seed Crackers
· 1 x 350g Pack of Wheat-free Muesli
All our Rye breads are made in the traditional German style. They are;
· Made from whole grains which we mill freshly at the bakery so they are low on the glycemic index
· A fermented food made using a slow and natural fermentation – no yeast – so can be easier to digest
· Have a high fibre content which is excellent for gut health
We make our own sourdough which produce delicious wholegrain breads with a compact, springy texture and a tangy full flavour and aroma. These breads are alive and will continue to mature over a week to 10 days and the older it gets the better it tastes.
Rye Sourdough – Our original and most popular bread. Loved in NZ for 27 years and counting!
Healthy Heart Rye – The same as the original Rye Sourdough but minus the salt. The only salt content is that which is occurs naturally in the rye grain itself; 2mg per 100g compared to 430mg in the traditionally salted version
Mountain Rye – The same bread as the Rye Sourdough but with authentic European flavours of caraway, fennel and coriander
Pumpernickel – The darkest and tangiest bread of the family
All these breads are kept in a cool dark place – but not in the fridge – to allow them to develop outer crust and ripen the flavour of the moist inner crumb. To store longer / minimise waste, slice and freeze. They all love some freezer time and defrost perfectly.
Unless you specify otherwise we will send 1 Rye Sourdough and 1 Pumpernickel